Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Smiles!





Denise found a spunky new friend for Julia in the toy bin at Old Navy. We named the pig Olivia Dora. And here's a shot of Jason reading to Julia before the plane took off from Chicago. The man next to us said that he was grateful to see that parents are reading the same books he read to his kids 20 years ago. I read "Where's Spot" at least 100 times to Tristan...and now I'm making the rounds again with Julia, who is also quite fond of Sally's hunt. Unlike the flight to Chicago, which had a serious crying spell (Jason heard a passenger behind us say to his neighbor, "You're just going to have to get used to it, man"), the trip home was a dream, thank heavens.

3 comments:

Emily and Austin Gray said...

OK, time to clue the Mumfords in on the airplane lollipop trick! Keep a lollipop in your bag in case of crying. I've never met a baby who would keep crying when a lollipop is being touched to her tongue. It's a miniscule amount of sugar (she doesn't suck on it, just let her lick every once in a while) but it will definitely distract her from whatever tragedy has set her off. Since this was the only time our babies ever had sugar, it worked EVERY time.

blogginglife said...

The shot of Julia in her polka-dot sleeper just makes me want to cuddle her, I can't wait to finally meet her in just two weeks.

And I am sorry to hear that she wasn't feeling cuddly on that first plane ride.... she could possibly empathize with her aunt Heather on the joys of plane travel.

Tristan Alex said...

I'm sorry to say that I don't remember Spot at all. I guess I need to get that book and go find him again--maybe when I finally get to meet sweet Julia. Thanks Rachel for reading to me, I'm sure it helped me grow my insatiable thirst for the written word!