Monday, August 11, 2008







Nothing puts Julia to sleep like a long walk, buckled in her car seat in the stroller. Too bad we can't go walking at 3:30 am. Inspired by her aunt Kirsten, Julia assembled her own aviary this week. Sunday afternoon included some reading time with dad and Julia's first piano lesson. Julia was being fussy and I decided to introduce her to the piano. She was completely calm within five measure of Schumann's "Mignon." It was totally amazing. (And I am thrilled that she took so quickly to Schumann - a girl after my own heart!)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Julia looks like one supremely contented little girl. Happy one month old to you!

Victoria Blanchard said...

Rachel, I hope you don't mind that Heather shared your blog address with me. Julia is a beautiful baby! It is so fun to see you as a mom! Best wishes in your family adventures!

blogginglife said...

thanks for the pictures, of Jason with his little smile and Julia resting to Rachel's gentle piano. and i can picture Marshall up on that barrier waving wildly. He was so glad and lucky to see you three. I hope he shared some of my love and longing to be with you too.

Jeuce said...

I guess that now with her rolling you don't get to put her to sleep on your lap while playing the piano!